Mack Prototype, headquartered in Gardner, MA, has been providing clients with rapid manufacturing solutions for more than two decades. One of the most widely used techniques to get the job done is injection molding, a complex manufacturing process.
During the process, materials such as plastics and resins are melted and injected into a mold, thus giving the Amherst Center, Massachusetts injection molding process its name. After the material is inserted into the mold, it is allowed to cool before the complete part is removed. Because of the mold, the process is quick and reproducible.
Injection molding for Amherst Center, Massachusetts, has become so popular because it offers:
- Flexibility to produce a wide range of components out of a variety of standard and specialty thermoplastics.
- Ability to repeatedly produce high-quality and accurate components.
- Cost-effectiveness manufacturing for parts produced in high volumes.
- Rapid manufacturing of parts once a mold has been produced.
- Can select from custom colors and textures.
At Mack Prototype, we specialize in the manufacture of components for the medical, industrial, defense, and consumer markets. Parts produced through injection molding near Amherst Center, Massachusetts are typically low-volume parts, ranging from 100 to 50,000 per year. Our presses can run standard engineering materials like ABS, PC, and high-performance plastics like Carbon Fiber Filled, Glass Filled, Ultem™, PEEK, and PPSU (Radel™).
If you’re looking to learn more about Mack Prototype’s injection molding service, contact our team to receive a quote today.