Carbon CLIP with Digital Light Synthesis (DLS)
Our ServicesWhy Mack?
Carbon Digital Light Synthesis creates 3D printed parts that are similar in strength and finish to injection molding.
What is Carbon CLIP with Digital Light Synthesis ?
Carbon CLIP technology, using the digital light synthesis (DLS) processes, is best used for small to medium-sized prototypes and end-use production parts. Carbon DLS is a new additive manufacturing technology that 3D prints parts using digital light projection (DLP) with engineering-grade materials to provide injection molded like parts with a similar finish, strength, and material properties.
Carbon stands out due to the wide range of material offerings. Here are some of the most popular materials for production applications:
- EPU 40 and 41 are similar to a 70 shore A TPU with either energy damping or energy return characteristics.
- EPX 82 is used for high strength, rigidity and durability are needed.
- RPU 70 is the most commonly used material because it mimics a production ABS material.
- UMA 90
- CE 221
- EPU 40/41
- EPX 82
- FPU 50
- IND 405, Clear
- MPU 100
- RPU 70
- RPU 130
- SIL 30
- High resolution
- High heat
- Fit and function models
- Master patterns
- End-Use production parts
- Fast builds
- Isotropic parts
- Fully dense parts
- Economy of scale
- Molded-like surface finish
- Engineered materials – rigid and elastic
- Equipment: M2 Printer
- Part Size: Very Small to Medium
- Tolerance: +/-.003” for the first inch then +/-0.001” per inch thereafter
- Build Layers: 0.001” to 0.004” (25 to 100 microns)
- Build Style: UV Cured 2-Part thermoset polyurethane materials
- Supports: Yes
- Lead Time: 4-5 days